Knights, Log in and proceed to the' round table!

IF you're NEW, Proceed to Introduction-> and Apply Smile
Knights, Log in and proceed to the' round table!

IF you're NEW, Proceed to Introduction-> and Apply Smile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon Nest presents, the best motherflippin' guild you've ever been in.

HomeKnight's TableGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Irukashi69
SwagKnight
SwagKnight
Irukashi69

Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) Empty
PostSubject: Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)   Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:49 pm

============
i. VERSIONS
============
v.1. Shiba's Comprehesnive Guide on Paladins has been made and posted.
v.1.1. Added Equipments and Heraldries section.
v.1.2. Added the PVP section.
v.2 Guide has been remade with few changes; layout, title signature, grammar corrections, more details, more pictures but has not been completed yet.

==============
I. FOREWORDS
==============
Hello fellow players! Welcome to Shiba's Comprehensive Guide on Paladins!
I'm Shiba, a Paladin player in Dragon Nest SEA. Before playing in the SEA version, I played a level 47 Guardian in Dragon Nest CN version. His nickname is 大伟 (Dawei, meaning: David) as its in game name. In my opinion, Dragon Nest is a great F2P game! It has so many interesting features, like Nests, the one and only PVP System, etc. In this guide, I will talk everything about Paladin, a tanker class of the game and also a fearful melee class. If there is something you would like to ask, feel free to ask it in this thread! I'll be glad to answer it.

n.b:
1. If you've decided to pick a Paladin: stay.
2. If you've decided to pick a Priest: leave.
3. If you've decided to pick another class aside of Paladin and Priest: go to hell.

=====================================================================
II. PALADIN AND TERTIARY CLASSES ON THE SPOT (Introductions and Pros & Cons)
=====================================================================
So you've decided to start your future with the mighty Paladin huh? Let's start shaping your future together!
Before advancing into the guide, let me give you a brief expalantions about a Paladin.

Paladin is a tanker class of the game. They have the largest HP mod in Dragon Nest, has the largest Physical Defense and Magical Defense, has advanced shielding abilities, and has buffing skills. The Paladin has the roles needed in parties; the tanker, the secondary DPS, and the buffer/supporter, and even a secondary healer! This is one of many reason why Paladins always been needed in parties. Everyone would never reject a Paladin in his/her party. Because of the roles he has, a Paladin can solo dungeon easily!

However, aside of those advantages, Paladins also have weaknesses. Being the most protective class in the game, makes you slow in mobility and weaker DPS (but this can be tweaked using the power of the kicks!) than most classes in Dragon Nest, but still making them a secondary DPS class.

From the explanation above, let me translate them into the pros and cons of a Paladin:

(+)
Paladin is a tanker class of the game.
Paladin has many major shielding skills.
Paladin has a very big HP mod, defense and magic defense, add it with his blocking skills, making him a fearful melee class. Paladin is a very good choice of class in a long run nest because of its high survivability, and also uses also uses both physical and magical attacks thus adding it for offensive purporses in different situations.
Paladin's offensive skills has a rather low cooldowns, especially their kicks (which has no cooldown for such good skills).
Paladin is the master of counter attacks, only in level 24 caps.
Paladin has powerful buffs to decrease any elemental damage thus increasing it, and also increasing your light attacks.
Paladin is also the master of combos. Screw those people saying Swordmasters are the master of combos. With only normal attack, you can combo your enemies to death.
Paladin is a top 4 class in PVP currently.

(-)
However, a Paladin, being the slowest class in the game, are victims for every ranged classes if you are not careful.
However, a Paladin has low MP mod naturally. If you are not careful, your MP will drop eventually.
However, a Paladin has low DPS compared to other classes. (Not Priests though)
However, a Paladin has a few to no evasion skills aside of Aerial Evasion and Aerial Block.
However, a Paladin with a Mace has the lowest Critical Rate among all classes and also the lowest Critical Resist.

So from my explanations above, if you enjoy being the heart of the team, taking the beating infront like a man, with superb shielding skills and high HP mod than most classes, beating your enemies with both cool physical and magical attacks, and THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, bringing lightning together with you infront (Priests can't do this tr0l0l0!!11!one!one!!eleven!!111!),
then...

Paladin is for you.

Upon reaching level 45, one can choose to become either a Guardian or a Crusader.

1. The Crusader. A Magical DPS/Off-tank class of a Paladin. The Crusader focuses on increasing his overall DPS instead
of going deep into the tanking path. A very good fast solo-ers as they have good overall DPS but still having the abilites of tanking. An owning class in PVP as it can kill *insert Sorcerss' class name here* in 7 seconds if skills hit them. Crusaders focus on increasing both of STR, INT, Physical Attack and Magical Attack to maximize their DPS. One can also pick to become a pure Physical Crusader and use kicks as his main DPS (like a Guardian). The downside of this class is you have to balance between physical attack power and magical attack power, and is harder to manage. However, one can also become a pure magical/physical Crusader if he/she wanted to.

2. The Guardian. A Physical DPS/Full Tank class of a Paladin. The Guardian focuses on increasing his overall tanking capabilities instead of increasing his DPS. However, do you realize why I called Guardian a Physical DPS class? Even with their slow killing capabilities, there is one, no two skill that can maintain his DPS. It's their infamous kicking skills. A very good tool against those big bosses that cannot be knock back in any way. But still, his DPS is still way inferior to most classes. A very good slow solo-ers with the major rank of survivability. A wanted class, also a team player. in larger instances like Arch Bishop Nest, Sea Dragon's Nest, etc. with their protective skills and buff. Also a high tier class in PVP after a Crusader. (If one activates his bubble skill that is, that means an extra HP for 15 seconds :3) Guardians also favorable because of their ultimate, (The God Within or The Divine Avatar skill) that doubles their attack power. Guardian's main advantage is that you don't have to take a risk for balancing physical attack power and magical attack power as your main skills are physical.

================================================
III. SKILLS (Cleric - Paladin - Tertiary Classes)
================================================
It is weird to choose a class without knowing the skills first.
To prevent that kind of problem, I've listed all Cleric and Paladin skills along with my explanations on each skill.

Cleric Skills

1. Shield Blow - Strike your enemy hard using your shield. Does an okay damage for a basic skill but still weak in PVE because of its low AOE. You can chain your combos using this skill repeatedly due to its low cooldown.
PVP - ***
PVE - **

2. Block - Defend yourself using your shield. Increasing this skill's rank will increase the amount of attack you can block per 15 seconds duration (PVE) and 12 seconds duration (PVP). This makes you block any attack 100% for certain duration. A basic tanking skills for a Paladin with reasonable cooldown. Good skill in both PVP but PVE, but beware, it can interupt your other skill when casting.
PVP - ****
PVE - ****

3. Lightning Strike - Bash your weapon upwards and send a lightning afterwards. Also does an okay damage for a basic skill. Not so good in PVE but useful in PVP as a combo starter and a combo chainer.
PVP - ***
PVE - **

4. Charge Bolt - Charges up your weapon with electricity and send it down in four directions. A very good skill in PVE as it can attack multiple enemies and big bosses. but not good choice of skill in PVP because of its long casting time. This is also favorable in PVE as it can decrease your opponent's light resistance for.. WUT? 15%!? DO WANT.
PVP - *
PVE - *****

5. Half Turn Kick - Right click to do a half turn kick on your enemies. Your primary attack if you tend to become a Physical oriented Paladin. This skill can very effective if you have the Premium Half Turn Kick Heraldry (Action Speed) equiped. A nice offensive skill as it has no cooldown. In PVP, Half Turn Kick itself is not used as a primary attack. It is used to add distance between you and your enemy if you are to close. In PVE, this skill works wonder with Holy Kick against unknockable bosses.
PVP - ****
PVE - *****

6. Fly Kick - Right click when airborne to do a diving kick to your enemies. A prerequisite skil for Holy Kick. I don't know what its usefulness aside of doing damage in PVE so meh, oh in PVP you can attack downed enemies with this just for the lulz.
PVP - ***
PVE - ***

7. Holy Kick - Half Turn Kick's wife. After doing Half Turn Kick, right click one more time to do a direct kick to your enemy. To increase the effectiveness of this skill, use Premium Half Turn Kick Heraldry (Action Speed). Coupled by Half Turn Kick, this skill is imba hax. Screw those people saying Paladin has the lowest DPS! I can kick for more than 2k per second w/o crits!
PVP and PVE rate: (See Half Turn Kick)

TO BE CONTINUED, IF YOU WANT TO READ THE OLDER GUIDE, PLEASE REFER TO THE NEXT POST. The Alpha Version of my guide.
Back to top Go down
Irukashi69
SwagKnight
SwagKnight
Irukashi69

PostSubject: Re: Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)   Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:51 pm

Alpha Version of the Guide.

===========================================
I. Introduction (A few descriptions about a Paladin)
===========================================
(+)
Paladin is a tanker class of the game.
Paladin has many shielding skills.
Paladin has a very big HP mod, defense and magic defense, add it with his blocking skills, making him a fearful melee class. Paladin also uses both physical and magical attacks thus adding it for offensive purporses.
Paladin uses Mace and Flail to club the unclean.
Paladin's offensive skills has low cooldowns, like Armor Break and Shin Breaker (8 seconds and 6 seconds cooldown, +2 seconds to both skills in PVP Arena). Smite has a rather quick CD for such a powerful skill. I compare this to other powerful skill such as Swordmaster's Line Drive (45 seconds, but weaker), etc.
Paladin is the master of counter attacks.
Paladin has powerful buffs to decrease any elemental damage thus increasing it, and also increasing your light attacks. (This + Justice Crash + Divine Avatar = OP)
Paladin is also the master of combos. Screw those people saying Swordmasters are the master of combos. With only normal attack, you can combo your enemies to death.
Paladin is a top 4 class in PVP currently.

(-)
However, a Paladin, being the slowest class in the game, are victims for every ranged classes if you are not careful.
However, a Paladin has low MP mod naturally. If you are not careful, your MP will drop eventually.
However, a Paladin has low DPS compared to other classes. (Not Priests though)
However, a Paladin has a few to no evasion skills aside of Aerial Evasion and Aerial Block.
However, a Paladin with a Mace has the lowest Critical Rate among all classes and also the lowest Critical Resist.

So from my explanations above, if you enjoy being the heart of the team, taking the beating infront like a man, with superb shielding skills and high HP mod than most classes, beating your enemies with both cool physical and magical attacks, and THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, bringing lightning together with you infront (Priests can't do this tr0l0l0l0l!!!!11!1!).

Paladin is for you.

=======================
II. Know your Paladin more!
=======================
So, you've decided to shape your future with a Paladin huh?

There are some important things that must be told to you guys:

1. You are a tanker which is not needed in offensive purporses in a full party. Just activate all of your shielding skills and AFK all the way (If you are mad). You can do offensive though, but you won't kill as fast as Sorceress with "cast a spell then leave" method.

2. Choosing your weapon is fatal. It's all down to your preferences. If you prefer more critical (like me) thus wider range, then choose a Flail as your weapon. If you prefer fast combos and you love PVP so much also higher Stun Rate, choose a Mace. Like I said before, it's all down to your preferences.

3. You are one of the slowest class in the game. This is sad, but true. Swordmasters and Mercenaries have dash. Acrobats have "I don't know that skill which make them fly ahead" skill. Force User have the "teleport and fly ahead" thingy skill, while Paladin only have Shield Charge for mobility, and has 22 seconds of cooldown which sucks to be honest.

4. Some people may see Provoke as a useless skill. THIS IS UBER WRONG, I TELL YOU FROM NOW! Provoke is one of a major skill in game. This decreases your opponent's Crit and Stun Chance to you, since you don't have big crit chance. And also provoking them to attack you and not the other. With the help of Provoke crests, you put Provoke at level 4 but still having 15 seconds duration and 15 seconds cooldown making an infinite provoke. Very good in teams, poorly needed in PVP.

============================
III. How to fast level your Paladin?
============================
Simple, from level 1 - 12, do your main quests and some side quests. They give a lot of EXP.
At 12, start doing commisions all over and follow the main story.
After changing job at 15, start doing Sleepers' Temple Master mode again and again and again and again. Do this until you reach 16. 50% EXP will be given to you as soon as you changed job.
At 16-18, start doing the main quests again by also doing commisions.
18-24 doing commisions all over, and spam Master mode commision quests.

For a Cleric - Paladin, Masters and Abysses are pieces of cakes.

================
IV. Skills and Builds
================
Before you see the build, you might as well see the skills' explanations by me. (It's based on opinion and experience you see.)

Cleric Skills

* Shield Blow. Only useful for Block requirement. Pretty good at PVP as you can chain your combo with it. Also good to knockback your enemy especially in PVP. In PVE, meh.

* Block. Very useful in dungeon runs especially Manticore nest (Abyss mode). You defend yourself with a shield and taking no damage. But be careful though, sometime you will experience cast cancel to some skills because of block. In PVP, this skill works wonder. Also a must max skill for Guardians. (and some Crusaders too).

* Lightning Upper. You bash your weapon upwards then sending a lightning strike to your enemy. This is very good in PVP as it has juggling capabilities.

* Charge Volt. Very useful against big bosses although it main uses is to decrease opponent's light resistance by.. WUT? 15%!? DO WANT.

* Half Turn Kick. You kick your opponent by kicking them half turn. Good damage with no CD.

* Dive Kick. A Prerequisite for Direct Kick / Holy Kick. Also good in PVP because it juggles your opponent.

* Direct Kick. Coupled with Half Turn Kick, this skill is sick. Reminder, Paladin's special attacks have the biggest damage of all classes. COUPLED, by epic kicking plates, you've made yourself a kicking god, good DPS, w/o CD, but MP consuming.

* Counter Blow. When knocked down, press the attack button to perform a strong attack thus getting up. This is good in PVE/PVP. While using this skill, you recieve no damage.

* Stomping Kick. You kick downed enemies nuff said.

* Sliding Step. A cookie butter for your mobility. Use shift + directional arrow to perform. A MUST MAX SKILL IN BOTH PVP/PVE.

* Sliding Knee Kick. You dash forward while kneeing your enemy. There will be extra downward kick if you put this to level 3. This skill, by far, is the most argueable skills in Cleric tree. If you tend to PVP that much, you must increase this to level 3. Otherwise you can't continue any difficult combo. If you are a pure PVEer, don't get this skill.

* Axe Kick. Hammer kick stunned enemies. Don't get it.

* Divine Combo. You strike your opponents with holy combos. Click the attack button to bash your shield and explodes your surrounding by holy power. lololo. Put this at 1 if you are a true PVPer. This skill saves a lot of life if used in hard situations. Also helps juggling in your combos (Infinite combos)

* Heal. You heal yourself. TBH, I don't max this skill. I only put this at 1. The difference per level is not big and yeah, just put this at 1.

* Holy Bolt. Holy Cross prerequisite. A good catching skill especially to those ranged classes. Using holy cross after this skill can double its usefulness.

* Aerial Evasion. Without this, have fun being juggled by warriors and clerics. With this skill, you can evade in midair.

* Toughness. A no-brainer skill. Max this as it decreases any damage taken.

* Physical Mastery. Also a no brainer skill. It increases max HP.

* Mental Mastery. It increases max MP, need to say moar?

* Attuned Mind / Mental Training. It increases your MP recovery. You must have this atleast 3 because you will need MP for future nests.

Paladin Skills

* Holy Cross. You summon a gigantic golden cross from the sky. (Or even NPC of you do mods though!) A good skill, yet a prerequisite for Sacred Hammering.

* Sacred Hammering. Buff yourself and makes your normal attack do 2 more magical attack using light hammers. This is a good DPS skill for you earlier level. If you tend to become a magical Paladin, this is your main DPS skill.

* Lightning Charger. You charge the air to electrocute your enemies. A very good skill in PVE as it has large AoE and also large damage. You won't be able to do significant damage if you are a Physical Paladin though.

* Smite/Electric Smite/Lightning Smite/Whatever Smite. Charges yourself with electricity, jump, and smite the unclean using the wrath of thunder. The best offensive skill you will ever have. Low CD, large damage, can cut Sorceress' HP up to 40%-50%, who wants moar? ME.

* Thor's Hammer (Ultimate). Summon a gigantic thunder banhammer, probably lent from the Thor himself, and swing it heavily towards your opponents three times. Also a very damaging skill with big cooldown as it is an Ultimate. If you are going to be a Crusader, I suggest you to rank this skill.

* Provoke. Taunt your enemy and decrease their Crit chance and Stun chance towards you. As I said above, this skill is only good for PVE. Good in full party, and not advisable in PVP.

* Sin/Divine Breaker. While doing sliding step, left click to attack opponen's shins, lifting them up afterwards, also good damage. This skill is very good in PVP/PVE. Just need to learn the timing and you are good to go.

* Armor Break. Dash forward slightly, and swing your mace and crush your opponents' defenses. Also your main DPS skill. Very good as it has defense decrease capability. In PVP, this skill works wonder.

* Shield Charge. Charges forward with your shield and your weapon afterwards to do massive damage. While casting,
-50% physical damage and -50% magical damage. A very good skill for offensive but many people used it for mobilty. A good skill in PVP as it can chase your enemy.

* Auto Block. A passive skill which grants you a passive block for certain percentage. A good skill, but can interupt your other skills. A risky skill to have. (But you have to max this for Guardian sadly)

* Stance of Faith. After activating this skill, press spacebar or jump key to enter the turtle mode. You block any incoming attacks for certain duration and send a wave of light attack. This is very good in PVE as you gain invulnibility to any attacks. Good in PVP as you can CD ***** with it.

* Aerial Block. There is a chance for you to block any attack while jumping / juggled on the air. It's a blocking skill. It works like Auto Block, but this must be activated in the air and it's passive. But I suggest to rank it for prereq.

* Divine Punishment. Reflects damage back to enemies for certain duration and certain percentage. The amount of the reflected damage is based on the damage you take without Defense and Buffs. I don't know why people don't max this skill, but as a Paladin, this skill also one of many skill to reduce enemies HP by certain amount, especially in PVP. Very good used when you get juggled so badly especially by those mercs, acros and SMes.

* Will of Iron / Iron Will. Decreases any incoming damage by insane percentages. This is your cookie & butter skill as a tanker. This skill WORKS wonder in PVP, and it really is. Reduce damage up to 75%+? Decrease magical and physical damage? Who don't want this crap, err.. I mean, godly skill? I WANT.

* Divine Avatar / The God Within. You charges up and switch the pedal of the invicibility also turning yourself godmode. Increases stats by insane amount of percentage, increases your DPS 2-3x times, make yourself invicible and is the Ultimate for every Physical Paladin. With this, even if you get low on MATK, you get to do Smite for over 20k+ at level 40 with +10 equipments and this buff on. With the help of Conviction Aura, you can hit for over 30k++ as it increases your light damage.

* Divine Ascension. Wondering why I said that Paladins are teh master of counters in level 24 caps? Whenever you guard an attack, press left button to do an uppercut counter with nice damage for 3 seconds CD. Swordmasters, in the other hand, has Parrying Stance which increases their block rate by 100% AND also has Counter Slash skill with no CD. So with the combination of those skills, they can counter all day all night 24/7 with no regret, and yes I am exagerating.

* Divine Vengeance. The same as Divine Ascension. Instead of doing uppercut, you stomp the ground using your weapon and knockback your opponent. Has longer cooldown and do sh*t. Don't get this, but many people get this for nothing.

* Elemental Aura. Increases you and your party's Fire&Ice Attack and Defense. Guardians are usually needed because of this. But I love Conviction Aura more but am going for a Guardian. So, I put this at 1 and max my Conviction. Very needed in solo pvp against Ele lords to reduce that ****g Inferno -200 damage in PVP. Many use this for Sea Dragon, and there's where a Guardian(s) begins to shine.

* Conviction Aura. This increases your Light Damage and Defense. Crusaders are in a need of this skil to increase their overall DPS. Some Guardians wannabes (like me) also increase this to increase Justice Crash damage. (Justice Crash is light and you know it). For me, Conviction Aura is a better version of Elemental Aura as it can increase your damage (Most of your skills are light). In PVP... I don't need to explain, do I?

Builds
Onto builds, this is, by far, my recommended main builds.

The level 24 Hybrid Build.
I'll make this as simple as possible. This build is for level 24. Frankly, most Paladins prefer hybridize skill build over a pure magical/physical one to ensure one's capability in Nests or in PVP.

The level 50 Hybrid (Guardian) Build (23 SP left)
A future hybrid build for a Guardian. This build also hybridize between the magical and physical skills to maximize one's potential in Nests and other instances, if not, focuses more on Physical side and getting Divine Avatar (The God Within) as the ultimate.

The level 50 Hybrid (Crusader) Build (24 SP left)
A future hybrid build or a Crusader. Also a hybrid build for a Crusader, adding ranks for magical and physical skills, but mostly magical thus having Thor's Hammer as your ultimate. This build also uses Conviction Aura on it's max to increase your DPS slightly.

The level 50 DPS/Tank (Guardian) Build (My personal build)
Maxed Smite for main source of damage, maxed Conviction Aura instead of Elemental Aura (rank 1). Oh yeah, you can alternate between Smite and Shield Charge for main source of damage. I find Shield Charge is interesting and do massive damage. This build is very good in PVP and PVE instances but not very good in endgame nests like Sea Dragon Nest which party needs maxed Elemental Aura (For Elemental Lords, both tertiary classes). Why do I call this the DPS/Tank build? Because with the help of the maxed Conviction Aura, and Divine Avatar buff, you can pull off a massive damage for either Smite and Justice Crash! (Guardian's skill)

nb: You can invest the leftovers to some other important skills like Heal, other Auras, etc.

===================
V. Gears and Heraldries
===================
Gears and Heraldries are one of the most important aspect for your character.
Gears consist of Headgear, Upper body, Lower body, Gloves, Shoes, Weapon and Off hand/Secondary Weapon.
All of these parts play crucial role for your character. Please read this part throughoutly as it is probably the best part in this guide.

Choosing your weapon.
As I explained above, you have 2 choices of weapon as a Paladin. One is Flail, and other is Mace. You can see more explanations above. I have to tell you this. You can switch your weapons during PVE time (Mace to Flail, or vice versa). But it can affect your performance later on. If you always use flail, I suggest not to change your weapon to Mace. You'll use a shield as a secondary weapon, and it has the best defense amongst other secondary equipments. So be glad, and stand strong with shield on your chest! As for now, I recommend you to use either White Lion Flail/Mace and enhance it at the minimum of +6. White Lion Shield as your secondary weapon, also enhance it to +6 minimum.

Armors
As for armors (Which consists of Upper Body, Lower Body, Gloves, Boots, and Head), use the White Lions. For upgrade, I really suggest you to go beyond +6, but you can do perfectly find with only +6s. You can use over enhanced level 23 greens if you want, and they're cheap.

As for today, Minotaur Nest really drop something really worth it. It's the Ancient Set! BUT, I suggest you not to gear yourself up with the set. I know it's better, but the increase is not significant. The only difference is that the Ancient Sets offer more status increase if you collected the parts altogether. You can gear yourself up with the set, but not me. No way. Surprised

*) Enhancing and Money Producing
Oh, if you are wondering where I farm Rough Agates, it's Sanctuary Core. The mobs there are numerously high. Choose the master mode. I can produce 4-10 Rough Agates per run per 5-7 minutes. You can probably do better, I know it Smile. The master mode also produces a lot of good items at the end of the dungeon. I got many High Grade Fatal Plates here and I do sell it for a high price, and also many other set equips for other classes. I enhance it, and sell it for high price. Easy money, here we come!

As for today, Minotaur Nest drops many valuable gears and items! Focus on getting the gold chest (by doing abyss). You can get easy money here. Red gears can cost more than 200g~ $_$

Prefixes
To be honest, I'm still confused about this prefix system Dragon Nest implimented. It was implimented when the level 50 caps patch. And here I am, playing in SEA version of the game while know no to nothing about prefixes. But yeah, I know a little so I can share to you all. For my armors, the prefixes are mostly Iron Wall, and Intellect. And I was surprised after reading this, saw that Iron Wall is suck because of its high cooldown. For more nice information about prefixes refer to the link I gave above. (Credit goes to dragonnestblog, Thank you Smile )

Heraldries Plates / Crests.
Heraldries Plates or Crests are components that can be equipped on your character to boost the user's status, and skill's efficiency. Once equipped, you cannot take it off, aside of destroying it.

Stats Heraldries
Heraldries for Paladin is a very tough choice. You have two.. no.. THREE important stats, which are STR, INT and Vitality. STR is for physical damage mainly, INT is for magic damage, and Vitality is for Defense and HP. The crests corresponding to these stats are:

* Bear: This increases your STR stats.
* Intelligence: This increases your INT stats.
* Vitality: This increases your Vitality stats.

However, increasing your stats with heraldries are not preferable because there is better option. That is to instantly increase your PATK, MATK and Max HP. The crests are:

* Destruction: This increases your physical attack.
* Magician: This increases your magical attack.
* Life: This increases your Max HP.

Okay, so we got three focuses ready.
At current caps, we get 4 slots for status heraldries. 3 have been taken by Destruction, Magician and Life. For the last heraldry, you can pick anything you like aside from that 3. If me, I prefer the Fatal Plate to doubles my damage by certain chance (aka Critical Rate).

Skill Heraldries.
For skills, you can equip anything you want, but these are the ones that I highly suggests you to get (for the current cap)

* Premium Half Turn Kick (Epic) Plate: Pick the action speed increase. This shorten your action speed up to -50%! You can kick like a madboy, and high chance you'll win in soccer competitions, lawl!
* Premium (Epic) Direct/Holy Kick Plate: Also pick the action speed increase. Coupled by -50% action speed Half Turn Kick, you'll be whirlwinding all day, all night with SHIT DPS, NO COOLDOWN!?!! But please, prioritize to get the Epic Half Turn Kick first.
* Armor Break Plate any rank (If possible, premium): Choose the damage increase stats.

==========
VI. The PvP.
==========
PVPing as a Paladin
Paladin in Dragon Nest is always known to be one of the most fearful opponent to be fought in PVP. Paladin has enermous amount of HP. Paladin also has blocking skill to extend his life in PVP. But the outcome of those advantages is that Paladin has low damage compared to some classes, so relying on individual skills won't do a favor for a Paladin in PVP. So how do we PVP with a Paladin when we do lower damage than most classes? You can chain your normal attack with your skills, that is how you PVP with a Paladin! Fortunately, your normal attack do some little juggling at third and fourth attack (for Mace). Manage your normal attack with your skill to chain it into sick combos and make yourself the king on the arena! Paladin also possess the ability to do infinite combos, and Paladin is famous because of it. (Explanation below).

Combos
As I stated above, one of an advantage that a Paladin has is combos. We have great attack speed for normal attack. So below, I will state combos that a Paladin can pull off. There are two kind of combos that a Paladin can do. First is a burst combo, and second is an infinite combo. I believe those two has their own advantages and disadvantages.

Burst Combo
(+) Good in Group PVP as you can fastly do major damage in seconds with less worry of being interupted.
(+) Easier to pull as you only spam skills when doing the process.
(-) Overall weaker damage than most classes, and you must be melee to do it.
(-) Only good when KSing an enemy lawl.

The combo? As I stated above, spam all skills (including kicks) after launching your enemy using Divine Breaker. With the help of other player, you can "luckily" get a kill, because getting even a single kill in group PVP as a Paladin will be hard as hell without the help of others.

Long - Infinite Combo

(+) Good in 1on1 match where you can worry not of being interupted.
(+) Chaining normal attack with skills as long as possible can cut off your opponent's HP by enermous amount.
(-) Bad choice of combo in group PVP as you have to worry of being interupted.
(-) Can break easily if you or your opponent lags.

The combo? First launch your enemy using Shin Breaker. Second, predict your opponent's landing spot and start pressing other skill. Then start doing normal attacks. After the fifth strike, chain it with other skills like Lightning Bolt or Shield Blow or etc. And then repeat the process. This is what I usually do.

Shin Breaker + 5xNormal Attack + Shield Blow + 5xNormal Attack + Lightning Bolt + 5xNormal Attack + Shield Blow + 5xNormal Attack + Sliding Knee Kick level 3 + Armor Break + Repeat the process.

> The combo works if your enemy has use up his/her Aerial Evasion.
> If you are too close with your enemy, you can make a little space using Sliding Knee Kick level 3, and continue your combo. Sliding Knee Kick level 3 also launches your opponent slightly.
> Never use Armor Break in your combo unless you use it after using Sliding Knee Kick level 3. You will break your combo if you do that after normal attack son.

Class Match-ups
Now, I will explain how to fight all classes in PVP using a Paladin. To be noted that this is 1on1 class matchups.

vs Swordmaster
Swordmaster is fast with his attack and mobility. They have Dash Slash which has fast and large range. And then they can spam all skills to chain it into long, sick combos. Swordmaster is expectedly to be one of the most fearful PVP class in Dragon Nest in the current cap. What you have to do is make him do his first strike (Dash Slash). You can evade it using Sliding Step but don't do Divine Breaker just yet (To evade and also confuse the enemy). After evading, use Armor Break instead. After that, do some normal attacks and launch your enemy. If he aerial evasion, then do Divine Breaker and start doing combos!
Difficulty: 4/5.

vs Mercenary
Mercenary has big HP (Only 1k difference from a Paladin) and his attacks do large damage and AOE. He can combo easier than a Paladin (if he uses an Axe). He has higher super armor than most classes, and he has dash. This is the hardest class to be fought by a Paladin. Mercenary has howl to interupt our skills, he combo easily and does big damage. A few strategies when fightning them: The same as a Swordmaster, let him strike you first. Evade it using Sliding Step but do Divine Breaker after that. If he aerial evasion, predict his landing spot and use Lightning Bolt. If you use Armor Break, he can use his howl to counter our skill and begin doing sick combos. This is hard to pull, but you can do infinite combo afterwards. Oh yeah, we have block and SoF to counter their skills though.
Difficulty: 4.5/5.

vs Bow Master

Bow Master do everything her can to attack you from afar. They jumps, throw arrows, and slide backwards, throw arrows, and so on. They are slightly slower than Acrobats, only better in range. So this is what you have to do. Just charge in, use sliding step and attack using Divine Breaker. Most BM will use their jumping arrow skill in the midair skill when got launched. There are several seconds before she land onto the ground. Predict the time and use Lightning Bolt and start comboing! This is how I win to most BMs. Like Acrobats, they have to evading skill which are Urgency Trick and Aerial Evasion. Make her use up all of her evasion skills and do the combo!
Difficulty: 3/5

vs Acrobat
Acrobat is good when played by a good player. Acrobat needs to combo long enough to deal significant damage to an enemy. But as for the current cap, Acrobats are not much of a threat due to the limited skills they get. The only things scary enough to encounter is their evading skills ( the aerial evasion for air evasion and urgency trick for ground evasion). Fearfully, you cannot land a single combo to an Acrobat if they time their evasion skills perfecty. So, this is what you want to do. First, don't charge in recklessly using divine breaker. Close in, their ranged skills are too easy to evade. They are not like Bowmasters, mind you. Play defensively while closing the range between you and the acrobat. If she uses her melee skill, go evade it using Sliding Step and Divine Breaker. She will aerial evasion. Predict her landing spot and go in for a Lighning Bolt and let the combo works! So spam your skills with all your might but do this after you evade her attack. This is how I win against most of Acrobats. If you can waste her evasion skills, that's great~ That means you can combo her to cut off her HP fast!
Difficulty: 3.5/5
Back to top Go down
Phrixos
Developer
Developer
Phrixos

PostSubject: Re: Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)   Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 pm

Real Clerics go Priest.. JUST SAYIN!
Back to top Go down
Irukashi69
SwagKnight
SwagKnight
Irukashi69

PostSubject: Re: Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)   Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 9:06 pm

That's why we're Top 10 in Pvp?

Wink
Back to top Go down
Phrixos
Developer
Developer
Phrixos

PostSubject: Re: Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)   Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 am

LAWLZ 6 outa the top 10 are pallies, that SCREAMS op ... lmao
Back to top Go down
Softbatch
Knight
Knight
Softbatch

PostSubject: Re: Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)   Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Phrixos wrote:

Real Clerics have to keep an extra mouse or two on hand, because the left clicker keeps getting worn out. RealSkill.
Back to top Go down
Phrixos
Developer
Developer
Phrixos

PostSubject: Re: Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)   Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Softbatch wrote:
Phrixos wrote:

Real Clerics have to keep an extra mouse or two on hand, because the left clicker keeps getting worn out. RealSkill.

Well said lmao
Back to top Go down
Deedlit
Knight
Knight
Deedlit

PostSubject: Re: Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)   Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:08 am

Well said.
Speaking of which, I wore out 2 mice over the course of 3 years while playing Diablo 2. >_<
Darn all that left-clicking!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)   Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stat Build for Cleric -> Paladins (Lv.24-50)
Page 1 of 1